Wyman Quadrangle

Building Description:

In 1901, university trustee William Keyser and his cousin, William Wyman, announced that they would donate 151 acres for a new campus on N. Charles Street if $1 million was raised for the university's endowment. On February 22, 1902, the University's Board of Trustees accepted the land grant, and began to move the campus from downtown Baltimore to Homewood, a gradual process that took almost two decades to complete. The Wyman Quadrangle was dedicated to William Wyman in 1954. Today, the Wyman Quad is surrounded by Latrobe, Maryland, Shaffer, Barton, Hackerman, and Shriver Halls, and is also known as the Engineering or Lower Quad.