Steinwald House

Building Description:

Steinwald House is located across the street from the Homewood Campus, at 3211 N. Charles Street. It was acquired by the University in 1968, when a generous alumnus provided funds to purchase and renovate the building as a new home for the Alumni Affairs Office. In 1970 the building was named in honor of the retiring director of Alumni Relations, Osmar Steinwald (BS 1928), who had founded the office in 1947. Steinwald also directed the Glee Club from 1928 to 1958.