ROTC Building

Building Description:

Behind the Athletic Center sits the ROTC building, formerly a Red Cross building at Ft. Patrick Henry in Virginia, given to Johns Hopkins in 1947 by the War Assets Administration. In order to obtain the building, Johns Hopkins had only to prepare the site and construct the basement. In the long run, the building gave the Reserve Officer's Training Corps convenient and adequate accommodations behind the gymnasium and near the athletic fields, where military drills and other outdoor exercises could be held. Today, the ROTC building houses the Blue Jay Battalion, one of the nation's oldest Army ROTC programs, the Military Science Department, the Johns Hopkins Band, the Outdoors Club, and the Radio Club.