Maryland Hall

Building Description:

With construction beginning in 1913, Maryland Hall was the second building to be constructed on the Homewood campus and was occupied by the fall of 1914. Initially known as the Mechanical and Electrical Engineering Building, Maryland Hall was renamed in 1931 to recognize and convey appreciation to the critical role played by the Maryland General Assembly in establishing the G.W.C. Whiting School of Engineering in 1912. Currently, Maryland Hall houses the department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering and Materials Science and Engineering.

Accessibility Features:

  • Average Restroom Lighting Survey score: 4.29 out of 5
  • At least one ADA compliant restroom
  • Publicly-accessible All Gender/Unisex Single-stall Restroom (311a)
  • Restroom genders alternate by floor