Levering Hall

Building Description:

Built in 1928-1929, Levering Hall is named in honor of Eugene Levering, a local banker, religious leader, and a university trustee from 1898 to 1928 who provided funds, along with others, to have a YMCA building built on land provided by Johns Hopkins University. In 1969, Johns Hopkins University exercised its option on the original agreement with the YMCA and purchased the building, consequently modeling it to serve as the student union with large spaces, such as the Glass Pavilion, for events, Arellano Theater, the HopStop (a campus hang-out spot), the Center for Social Concern, Pura Vida Organic Coffee Shop, and Levering Food Court, a popular lunch spot on-campus.

Accessibility Features:

  • Average Restroom Lighting Survey score: 2.5 out of 5
  • At least one ADA compliant restroom