Krieger Hall

Building Description:

Built in 1929 to house the Physics department, Krieger Hall now is home to the Krieger Mind/Brain Institute, the Mathematics Department, the Cognitive Science Department, the Language Teaching Center, and the Preservation Department of the Milton S. Eisenhower Library. Originally named in honor of Henry A. Rowland, founding president of the American Physical Society and inaugural professor of physics at Johns Hopkins from 1875 until his death in 1901, Krieger Hall was renamed for Zanvyl Krieger (B.A. 1928), who provided a large donation to renovate the building for the Krieger Mind/Brain Institute, when the Department of Physics moved to the Bloomberg Center.

Accessibility Features:

  • Average Restroom Lighting Survey score: 4.5 out of 5
  • At least one ADA compliant restroom
  • Restroom genders alternate by floor
  • Please note: Elevators may be difficult to locate