Keyser Quadrangle

Building Description:

In 1901, university trustee William Keyser and his cousin, William Wyman, announced that they would donate 151 acres for a new campus on N. Charles Street if $1 million was raised for the university's endowment. The move to the Homewood campus was gradual after the trustees accepted the offer on Februrary 22, 1902. The Keyser Quadrangle was named for William Keyser in 1954. Today, the Keyser Quad is bounded by Gilman, Mergenthaler, Jenkins, Remsen, Krieger, and Ames halls. The well-traveled grassy quad is also home to the Milton S. Eisenhower Library.