Johns Hopkins Club

Building Description:

When the university moved to the Homewood campus, the Johns Hopkins Club moved with it, occupying the Homewood House until 1929, when that building was restored as an art and historical museum. Club members had to content themselves with a small dining room in Levering Hall until 1936, when Theodore Marburg (trustee 1902-1945) and his sister, Amelia, provided the necessary funds to construct the current building, in memory of their brothers, William and Charles. Today, the Johns Hopkins Club provides a place where faculty members, administrators, and graduate students meet in a social atmosphere and commonly serves as a location for many formal university dinners and receptions.