Jenkins Hall

Building Description:

Jenkins Hall was built in 1949-50 to house the Department of Biophysics, a function it continues to serve today. The building is named in honor of Thomas C. Jenkins, a Johns Hopkins student in the late 1880s, whose wife, May McShane Jenkins, donated the funds required for construction. Attached to the back of Mergenthaler Hall, Jenkins is also home to a computer lab and an x-ray crystallography lab.

Accessibility Features:

  • Average Restroom Lighting Survey score: 4.67 out of 5
  • Publicly-accessible All Gender/Unisex Single-stall Restroom (215, 315, 415)
  • Please note: This building has no ADA-compliant restrooms